New York, New Jersey
She graduated with honors, from Southern Methodist University with a degree in finance and obtained her Juris Doctorate from Rutgers School of Law. While at Rutgers, Ms. Massimo was the Managing Research Editor of Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy and a selected oralist for the Vis International Arbitration Moot Court team. Prior to law school, Ms. Massimo worked for Merrill Lynch as a commercial real estate underwriter.
Before joining the Firm, Ms. Massimo clerked for the Honorable Joseph L. Yannotti of the New Jersey Appellate Division and later worked as a litigation associate for a large New York firm. Ms. Massimo is a member of both the New Jersey and New York state bars and she admitted to practice before the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts in New York and New Jersey.
- Deswal v. US National Association, as Trustee, et al.– Prevailed at a motion to dismiss in the District of New York, which was affirmed in the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit of an affirmative suit raising TILA, RESPA claims.
- Bank of N.Y. Mellon v. Gales, et al.– Obtained first decision in the 2nd Appellate Department holding borrowers do not have standing to assert noncompliance with the lender’s pooling service agreement.
- Calizaire v. MERS, et al.– Prevailed at a motion to dismiss in the District of New York, and was affirmed in the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit of an affirmative suit raising TILA, RESPA claims.
- Citibank, N.A. v. Kallman, et al.– Obtained affirmance of underlying judgment of foreclosure for institutional investor in the 1st Appellate Department
- Cenlar v. Lanzbom, et al. – Successfully obtained reversal of the underlying trial court’s decision dismissing the client’s affirmative suit to restore their lien in the 2nd Appellate Department.
- Carrington v. Crismali, et al.– Obtained affirmance of underlying summary judgment in favor of institutional investor in the New Jersey Appellate Division.
- Wood v. Deutsche Bank, as Trustee, et al.– Prevailed at a motion to dismiss in the state court, and was affirmed in the 2nd Appellate Department successfully dismissing action to quiet title the client’s lien.
Real Estate Litigation Victories
- Prevailed at summary judgment for institutional client, successfully dismissing an action to void client’s lien.
- Prevailed at judgment, after an evidentiary hearing on service, in favor of institutional client.
- Obtained dismissal, with prejudice, on the eve of a federal jury trial where plaintiff sought to void the client’s lien.
- New York Super Lawyers “Rising Star” Selectee 2015-2019
· New York State Bar Association
· New Jersey Bar Association
· Mortgage Bankers Association